The Business Development Manager will be responsible to sell multimillion dollar projects and/or service agreements. You will manage the full sales cycle, from building a close partnership with the customer to managing bids and RFP's, client presentations, and ultimately closing the deal. In every case the emphasis is on close partnership with the customer, extending from initial analysis of the underlying business processes through to total life-cycle support. This position will be based in Atlanta, GA.
We are an expert in design, realization and servicing of automated material handling systems in distribution centers, parcel and postal sortation facilities, as well as baggage handling systems at airports.
• Perform market research and position VI for market expansion/growth
• Develop and pursue profitable sales leads to achieve planned order intake and profit level
• Co-coordinate sales strategy and determining customer requirements
• Conduct initial specification review
• Cultivate and improve customer relationships
• Coordinate sales material, pricing strategy and proposal content
• Provide input into weekly/monthly departmental activity reports
• Manage sales documentation and data for Bid/No Bid decision making
• Pursue/Maintain healthy pipeline of opportunities
• Adapt to VI Company and culture that is based upon a belief in people and their dedication to achieving success
• Create awareness of Vanderlande in-house controls system.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 7 years of experience in Business Development with a minimum $15MM in project work sold.
• Demonstrated expertise in selling in a B2B environment with an extended sales cycle (12+ months) w/ capital equipment
• Experience with presenting to multi-level contacts, government entities, and medium to large organizations
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel)
• Willing and able to travel up to 70% domestically.
• Master’s Degree
• Background in consultative selling role in a team selling environment
• Experience working in the airline/aviation or construction industry.
• Understanding of Electrical Controls Systems (PLC's, HMI's)
• Excellent communication and social skills, high energy and entrepreneurial spirit
• Strong work ethic, technical affinity, ability to grow and mentor as company expands
• Legal knowledge and contractual skills to help with contract negotiations