Vanderlande’s Engineering Department is responsible for the design, specification and commissioning of material handling systems for our customers. In this position you will be responsible for executing the 2D and 3D layout design of material handling system solutions.
• Create 3D Models of Baggage Handling conveyor systems; this would include catwalk, supports and header steel.
• Create 3D Models of any other objects that may impact system designs.
• Assure that models are created by following a fixed set of design rules and custom blocks as well as meeting any customer specifications.
• Create 2D Layout packages based on the 3D models that can be used for customer approval as well as installation. This task will include creation of plan and section views in a modified architectural drafting style.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a drafting or similar related role
• Experience using AutoCAD with the ability to draw and visualize in 3D
• Must have experience multitasking to handle multiple drawings and tasks.
• Must be willing and able to travel 25%.
• Knowledge of Autodesk Navisworks
• Good Knowledge of ACAD External References
• Experience in the baggage handling industry or industrial conveyors.
• Knowledge of Drafting Standards
• Ability to work effectively in team environment incorporating engineering, sales, and management functions.
• Ability to learn new technical skills involved in maintaining or improving the Layout process and take direction from supervising engineers
• Ability to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical & Structural Drawings.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to accurately judge time to complete on CAD projects.