The Lead Concepting Engineer analyzes business processes at our customer sites and translates the business requirements into the design for a material handling system in distribution centers. This person will work closely with the sales team regarding the system design and sales strategy in order to win the project. This person will also play a role in analyzing trends and translating these into the development of market segments and products. This person will identify the key aspects of the required operational performance of the automated systems and the associated impact on operations. This person will report to the Manager of Sales Engineering.
• Identify the customer’s automation needs and corresponding process requirements.
• Design conceptual solutions based on order data, process analysis, critical business drivers and requirements, technical complexity and business case for small to medium sized projects.
• Convert a conceptual solution into a system design and associated high level process design.
• Based on experience, identify the key aspects of concepts and associated impact on operations.
• Provides leadership with regards to the system design within a sales engineering team.
• Monitor integrity of conceptual design during detailed engineering, system implementation and system operation.
• Responsible for accurate development of sales price for small to medium sized projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or relative 10 years of working experience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of Automated Material Handling Systems
• Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
• Master’s degree in Engineering
• Proven professional expertise in concepting, design, and pricing of Automated Material Handling conveyor Systems
• Experience designing logistics systems
• Good systems design knowledge mandatory
• Good familiarity with both IT systems and mechanical technologies.
• Highly influential both internally and towards customers.
• Ability to comprehend and infer relevant information from a myriad of sources.
• Ability to clearly articulate logistical processes, concepts and system designs and their impact on all organizational levels externally and internally.
• Strong analytical skills.