Vanderlande is the global market leader in baggage handling systems for airports, and sorting systems for parcel and postal services. The company is also a leading supplier of warehouse automation solutions. Established in 1949, Vanderlande has over 4,300 employees, all committed to moving its customers’ businesses forward at diverse locations on every continent. With a consistently increasing order intake of more than 1.2 billion euros, it has established a global reputation over the past six decades as a highly reliable partner for value-added automated material handling solutions.
Our Global Service Desk (part of Global Services) is a service organisation that operates internationally, with the task of supporting customers and local service staff by analysing and solving problems and among other things advising on controls-related matters. A second-line service desk engineer has an important role in liaising between several service organisations and internal departments. This requires good communication skills and effective management of expectations. Ultimately, excellent specialist skills will translate problem analysis into technical solutions.
Automated Case Picking:
Automated Case Picking (ACP) is a relatively new concept for Vanderlande. It is an important new business sector within the Warehouse Automation business unit, showing a huge growth and potential of repeat orders. ACP is a concept within the food part of Warehouse Automation. ACP will be a game changer for Vanderlande, for Global Services and for our customers as well. In the role of second-line service desk engineer for High Level Controls you will participate in the start and success of ACP together with Vanderlande.
As a second-line support engineer you will be working in one of the supply centres of the Global Service Desk. The Service Helpdesk DE is responsible for registering, tracking, documenting and handling disruptions, errors and inquiries regarding automated material handling solutions provided by Vanderlande. Both technical and verbal (language) skills are necessary for a seamless communication between internal-, external departments and individuals. All process related progress is registered in the Vanderlande provided ITSM solution. The support engineer will provide technical support for our international customers and their material handling systems. This includes complex troubleshooting and problem solving with a number of technical aids.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Incident- management for Vanderlande designed material handling solutions
• Registration and processing of customer inquiries in the ITSM system
• Participation in ITIL driven service department
• Analysing root causes
• Continuous improvement to optimize logistics processes
• Service Helpdesk Team training assistance
• Work on call when needed
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience with Oracle PL, C ++, C #
• Must be willing and able to travel for training
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
• Experience working with high-level controls. (SCADA, IT Networks, databses, software, etc.)
• Experience working for a multinational company
• Understand software development of automated logistics systems
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Good sense of setting the right priorities in a demanding and dynamic environment
• Reliable team player
• Eager to learn and motivated for achievements
• Pragmatic and proactive
• Good analytical skills
• Solution-oriented attitude
• Service minded