We are looking for a Regional Account Manager to oversee our business in California. This Regional Business Development Manager will be able to build a relationship on various levels from executives to technicians. The successful candidate will lead and support the local team but also continue to work closely with our customers in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, and Sacramento to pursue opportunities and continue to build on our existing relationship in both projects and services. You should have strong knowledge and experience in the full cycle of the Vanderlande business model, from sales, to project delivery, to operation and maintenance. This position will be based in our Los Angeles office and reports to the Director of Sales, Baggage HandlingSolutions at our North American headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
• Develop and pursue profitable business leads to achieve planned order intake and profit levels for baggage handling solutions, the Western Region
• Utilizes Account Management strategies to support and sustain client relationships.
• Acts as the primary interface with customers.
• Develops a network of contacts and builds relationships with external stakeholders such as airports, general contractors and other key decision makers.
• Be the business partner and direct interface for the local airport stakeholders, understand the processes and the possible improvements.
• Implements improvements in project and service execution that can enhance quality and performance, or reduce costs or risks.
• Coordinates, provides leadership and develops multi-disciplined teams; promotes effective interactions among departments and team members between the North American organization and when needed, the global organization.
• Serves as a proactive leader and problem solver, in addition to coaching and mentoring all indirect reports and assisting in complex issues and situations as they arise.
• Strive to continuously improve internal procedures and processes.
• Post-secondary degree plus 10 years relevant Sales Management work experience.
• High energy of engagement and capable of multi-tasking.
• Excellent and proven leadership capabilities in creating unified and motivated project teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong, independent decision-making ability.
• Logical thinker with high business acumen "Thinks Big Picture."
• Strong practical intelligence
• Clear understanding of setting and monitoring objectives.
• Excellent ability to negotiate.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills.
• Sound knowledge of Contract Law.
• Approximate 20-30% travel required.
• Ability to manage customers and provide positive representation of the company (Strong Account Management Skills)
• Completion of a B.S or M.S. in Engineering and/or Business.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in Account/Relationship Management
• A professional demeanour, diplomacy and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to work with a variety of personalities.
• Strong leadership, coaching, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Strong conceptual, analytical, problem solving and organization skills.