Vanderlande’s Engineering Department is responsible for the design, specification and commissioning of material handling systems for our customers. In this position you will lead a team of controls engineers and are responsible for overseeing and executing the design, programming, commissioning and testing of the entire material handling system solution. The Controls Project Lead works closely with the team’s project manager, subcontractors, and mechanical project lead involved throughout the life of the project. The Controls Project Lead reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
• Execute projects from conception through client handover with a positive result contribution on technical performance, financial results and the organization.
• Execute the control systems from hardware, system and network design, software development (PLC and/or PC related systems), electrical installation, integration of different components, system commissioning and testing through to final handover to the customer
• Develop engineering project plans and schedule of the controls project team
• Coordinate activities of controls project team in close cooperation with the Project Manager
• Work closely with clients and subcontractors
• Document functional system specifications, interface specifications and (high level) test plans (FAT, SAT, CAT), including validation.
• Manage requirements, integration, configuration and software changes throughout the projects
• Create and/or oversee user manuals, documentation, training, and project evaluations
• Report project progress and status to the Project Manager and Engineering Manager
• Monitor and control project budget
• Understand, interpret, and follow procedures, standards, and regulations
• Work on quotation bids with the systems and sales department on new projects and/or on project changes
• Communicate and work closely with other groups within Vanderlande and the project team (i.e., mechanical engineering, project management, supply chain, sales/proposal department and installation)
• Identify, initiate, and implement improvement activities
• Drive, support, promote, and improve software standardization platforms
• Advise the Engineering Manager of needed improvements for project execution and propose technical solutions for complex and multidisciplinary problems
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 year experience in implementation and managing of medium to high complex and medium to large material handling systems
• Must be willing and able to travel.
• Experience working in the Baggage Handling industry
• Experience with AutoCAD
• Knowledge of MS project, Primavera or other scheduling software preferred
• Knowledgeable of electrical and controls engineering theories and principles
• Skilled in Engineering science: Logic and Programming
• Proven skills in understanding and designing PLC programs, SCADA systems, and networks (i.e. Ethernet, Control Net,..)
• Electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices, techniques, and codes
• Result driven attitude from a realistic perspective
• Ability to judge results and the consequences and take actions accordingly
• Strong team mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
• Self-motivated with proven ability in problem solving skills under stressful conditions
• Ability to work well with team members