As part of the sales team, it is the sales engineer's responsibility to identify and analyze the customer’s needs and transfer those into a successful system design, which is a perfect match between the customer’s business needs and our products and capabilities. You will present this in a clear and understandable way to the customer. In order to come to the best competitive offer the incumbent will need to challenge the customer, the sales team, and the internal organization.
• Identify the customer’s automation needs through discussions with customers.
• Independently develop automated material handling system design based on customer automation needs for medium complexity projects.
• Find solutions for technical issues.
• Evaluate the designs based on cost, functionality, business needs and risks.
• Identify risks and propose mitigation plans.
• Convert system design into lay-out and lead the sales lay-out engineer(s).
• Coordinate the bid process and tasks within sales design team.
• Price the designed system.
• Write proposals and support sales manager with technical presentations to the customer.
• Maintain constructive working relationship with customer.
• Work simultaneously on multiple sales projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar
• Experience with logistical processes and system design.
• Experience with both controls and mechanical technology.
• Willing and able to travel domestically or internationally up to 10%
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Strong focus on constructive customer relationships.
• Strong communication skills verbal and written.
• Works well in multi-disciplinary team.
• Good sales acumen.
• Ability to coordinate tasks in a small team.
• Ability to work in an entrepreneurial international organization, especially working within a project organization, where cooperating with others and being a team member is a natural.