We are seeking a Mechanical Designer to join our Warehouse and Parcel Sales Engineering team.
• Create 3D Models of Warehouse and parcel automated conveyor systems
• Create 3D Models of any other objects that may impact system designs.
• Assure that models are created by following a fixed set of design rules and custom blocks as well as meeting any customer specifications.
• Create 2D Layout packages based on the 3D models that can be used for customer approval as well as installation. This task will include creation of plan and section views in a modified architectural drafting style.
• Experience with 3D CAD design and/or drafting; ability to draw and visualize in 3D
• Must have experience multitasking to handle multiple drawings and tasks.
• Must be willing and able to travel up to 5%.
• Knowledge of Autodesk Navisworks
• Experience in the material handling industry or industrial conveyors
• 3D Drafting will AutoCAD 3D using Revit, Solidworks, ProE, Inventor, or Microstation
• Knowledge of Drafting Standards
• Ability to work effectively in team environment incorporating engineering, sales, and management functions.
• Ability to learn new technical skills involved in maintaining or improving the Layout process and
take direction from supervising engineers
• Ability to read and understand Architectural, Mechanical & Structural Drawings.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to accurately judge time to complete on CAD projects.