Vanderlande designs, builds and services leading baggage handling systems for airports of all sizes. These belt, tub and/or track solutions combine operational effectiveness (low IR rates), short connection times and high conveyability together with effective integral control of your baggage operation. Based on proven technology, in-depth business knowledge and industry best-practises, we deliver the highest availability, reliability and lowest costs per bag. That's what it's about!
We are #1 in Baggage Handling Systems, come work for the best!
The Contract Manager has the responsibility of supervising all on-site installation aspects of a material handling project, including planning and coordinating the work of various construction trades. Additional responsibilities include; ensuring the quality of the work, executing the project as planned, monitoring the subcontractor’s safety and progress, preparing reports for project stakeholders. Overseeing and directing all operations and maintenance services and is responsible for the administration of all the functions required to manage the operation and maintenance activities effectively.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
• High school diploma
• Minimum 10 years experience managing the installation of material handling equipment or equivalent experience from a related industry.
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite and web applications
• Experience with Mechanical and Electrical installation
• Airport Automated Facilities Management Experience
• Advanced education, certifications in construction management, or related field
• OSHA 30 Certification; CPR and/or First Aid Training
• Construction management aptitude; knowledgeable in building and construction activities
• Strong document management aptitude
• Ability to understand the contract documents; system designs, plans and specifications
• Must be very well organized and with ability to schedule and multitask
• Leadership capability to create a unified and motivated project team
• Ability to maintain good relationships with subcontractors and the crew
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to take charge of supplemental site supervisory staff
• Strong decision making ability
• Be a good problem solver with excellent troubleshooting skills