Together with the Sales Manager and for more complex solutions with a Sales Consultant and other team members you will make an important contribution to the sales success in the pre-contract phase of a project. As part of the sales team, it is the sales engineer's responsibility to identify and analyze the customer’s needs and transfer those into a successful system design, which is a perfect match between the customer’s business needs and our products and capabilities. You will present this in a clear and understandable way to the customer. In order to come to the best competitive offer, you will need to challenge the customer, the sales team, and the internal organization. The Sales Engineer will report to the Manager of Sales Engineering NA and the Branch Manager Seattle. As the Seattle office will be a dedicated Amazon branch, with a global Key Account role, experience with the Ecom business is preferred.
• Identify the customer’s process requirements and corresponding automation needs through discussions with customers.
• Independently design automated material handling system solution design based on customer automation needs for medium complexity projects.
• Find solutions for technical issues.
• Evaluate the designs based on cost, functionality, business needs and risks.
• Identify risks and propose mitigation plans.
• Convert system design into lay-out and lead the sales lay-out engineer(s).
• Coordinate the bid process and tasks within sales design team.
• Price the designed system.
• Write proposals and support sales manager with technical presentations to the customer.
• Maintain constructive working relationship with customer.
• Work simultaneously on multiple sales projects.
• Master degree in a technical program and a strong preference to work within a business to business environment;
• 2-3 years relevant working experience
• Experience with logistical processes and system design.
• Relevant Amazon expertise is preferred
• Experience with both controls and mechanical technology.
• Willing and able to travel domestically or internationally up to 10%
• Strong analytical skills, you are able to create concept solutions based on your analysis and understanding of the customer’s logistic processes;
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Strong focus on constructive customer relationships.
• Strong communication skills verbal and written.
• Works well in multi-disciplinary team.
• Good sales acumen.
• Ability to coordinate tasks in a small team.
• Ability to work in an entrepreneurial international organization, especially working within a project organization, where cooperating with others and being a team member is a natural.