The Sales Consultant or Lead Concepting Engineer analyzes business processes at our customer sites and translates the business requirements into the design for a material handling system in distribution centers. This person is part of the sales team, focusing on the system design and sales strategy in order to win the project. This person will identify the key aspects of the required operational performance of the automated systems and the associated impact on operations. This person will report to the Manager of Sales Engineering NA and the Branch Manager Seattle. As the Seattle office will be a dedicated Amazon branch, with a global Key Account role, experience with the Ecom business is preferred.
• Identify the customer’s process requirements and corresponding automation needs
• Design system solutions based on order data, process analysis, critical business drivers and requirements, technical complexity and business case for small to medium sized projects.
• Convert a concept solution into a system design and associated high level process design.
• Based on experience, identify the key aspects of concepts and associated impact on operations.
• Provides leadership with regards to the system design within a sales engineering team.
• Monitor integrity of concept design during detailed engineering, system implementation and system operation.
• Responsible for accurate development of sales price for medium to large sized projects.
• Master degree in a technical program and a strong preference to work within a business to business environment;
• 7-10 years of experience with complex sales processes, preferably within the automated material handling industry;
• Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
• Proven professional expertise in concepting, design, and pricing of Automated Material Handling conveyor Systems
• Experience designing logistics systems
• Strong analytical skills, you are able to create concept solutions based on your analysis and understanding of the customer’s logistic processes;
• Strong communicational skills, you have a creative and efficient approach to building professional client relationships;
• Experience in working within an international professional environment, preferably a project organization;
• Good systems design knowledge
• Good familiarity with both IT systems and mechanical technologies.
• Highly influential both internally and towards customers.
• Ability to comprehend and infer relevant information from a myriad of sources.
• Ability to clearly articulate logistical processes, concepts and system designs and their impact on all organizational levels externally and internally.