For our larger project proposals the Bid Manager works together with the Sales Manager and the Sales Engineering Team to succesfully develop and sell the project. Your task is to manage the proposal process and to ensure the delivery of a proposal that meets the customer’s needs and requirements. Besides managing the process of the sales project, you will have to manage the deliverables of the sales team and coordinate the production of the entire proposal. In this role you will have to work closely together with supporting departments, such as Pricing, Legal, Finance, Operations, Planning and Supply Chain.
It is essential that during the entire process costs are being monitored and the documentation and presentations are delivered with the right level of uniformity and quality. Besides your role as a Bid Manager, you will be expected to contribute to the improvement of the entire proposal process and of our documentation and standards. The projects are for Warehouse Automation & Parcel Sortation Systems in North America. This position reports to the Manager of Sales Engineering.
• Work with the Sales Engineering team to identify the customers’ automation needs and corresponding process requirements and translate these into proposals.
• Take unique selling points of the company and systems and use this to highlight added value in the proposals.
• Provides leadership with regards to the proposal generation and bidding process.
• Plan and manage timeliness of tasks and deliverables in a structured way to ensure that progress is made and deadlines are met.
• Lead team meetings effectively to ensure clear goals and tasks.
• Help standardizing proposals based on the needs of market segments and individual customers.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience working on bids/proposals
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
• Experience or Knowledge with automation systems.
• Well-organized and process oriented
• Ability to work under pressure and in a deadline driven environment
• Ability to work and communicate with different levels of management
• Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
• Creative and proactive person