Vanderlande’s Engineering Department is responsible for the design, specification and commissioning of Material Handling Systems for our customers. We are looking for a motivated Controls Project Engineer to join our engineering department.
• Help the Engineering Support Office maintain a library of the PLC software within our Material Handling Systems.
• Work with engineering to capture best practices from projects.
• Assist project engineers in using and improving standards in projects from conception through client handover with a positive result contribution on technical performance, financial results and the organization.
• Evaluate control systems from software design, system design, network design, commissioning and testing / validation to customer hand over.
• Write detailed Design documents (i.e. Controls Architecture).
• Write clear documentation for standards implementation and training.
• Write, debug, and test PLC code at customer sites.
• Understand, interpret, and follow procedures, standards, and regulations.
• Reporting updates and status to Controls Engineers, Controls Project Leader and Manager Engineering.
• Maintain document control of PLC software.
• Communicate and work closely with other groups within Vanderlande and the project team (i.e., mechanical engineering, project management, supply chain, sales/proposal department and installation).
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum of two years of similar experience
• Knowledge of electrical engineering theories and principles.
• Commissioning experience
• Experience with Siemens PLC and/or Allen Bradley PLC
• Electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices, techniques, and codes.
• Knowledge and experience with programming languages (STL and Ladderlogic)
• Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
• Strong team-oriented mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
• Strong organization skills
• Proactive and hands on work ethic.
• Self-motivated with proven ability in problem solving, especially in intense situations.
• Ability to work in a team of software engineers
• Independently execute the job within the project team (not always routine).