The Project Executive is responsible for the successful delivery of our Baggage Handling Systems at major airports throughout North America including Canada and Mexico. This person will be required to relocate to project sites as needed and report directly to the VP of Operations.
• Build and organize multi-disciplined teams of Project Managers, Site Managers, Engineers, Planners, Administrators, and others as required to lead delivery of large and complex projects in excess of $100M or groups of projects comprising multi-year programs at select large airports in North America.
• Lead project teams through sales, pre-construction (systems engineering), execution, and closedown phases.
• Lead the administrative, commercial, technical, financial management, and control of all assigned projects.
◦ Establish team expectations based upon corporate objectives
◦ Puts mechanisms and processes in place to ensure expectations are fulfilled
◦ Create and maintain continuous improvement loop to monitor performance and improvement opportunities.
• Coordinate with external stakeholders from middle management to C-Level stakeholders to deliver program requirements while protecting Vanderlande interests.
• Coordinate with Government and Authority Having Jurisdictions including but not limited to Building Department, Building Permit Contractor, OSHA, FMI, TSA, Fire Department, EPA, DOL, Port Authority, Airport Authority; as well as city, state, and federal governments to fully comply with the law.
• Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with local labor unions to ensure successful project delivery.
• Put organization in place to address requirements of internal stakeholders.
• Serve as a proactive leader and problem solver to address complex issues and situations as they arise.
• Implement and lead program level Risk Management process.
• Mentor project team members.
• Sufficient understanding of contract law to successfully negotiate and execute prime contracts, subcontracts, and change orders.
• Lead training, development, and evaluation of the performance of all reporting employees. Work with other department managers in reference to the needs and performance of members on the project teams.
• Directly supports sales activities as required.
• BS degree
• Minimum 20 years of Project Management experience including team leadership.
• Experience leading the delivery and execution of complex projects valued over $100M such as material handling systems, institutional or manufacturing facilities, or similarly complex projects
• Experience with delivery of projects in Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursable methods.
• Direct experience with government contracting requirements for project delivery.
• Must be able to obtain a security badge for U.S. Airports.
• Travel, as required for position.
• BS degree in Engineering or Construction field.
• MS degree (Technical or MBA)
• Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• LEED AP Accredited Professional.
• Exposure to European and American cultures.
• Airport, baggage handling system, airline, or similar experience.
• Pre-existing relationships with airports, airlines or baggage handling systems.
• Exceptional and demonstrable leadership capabilities in creating unified and motivated project teams.
• Exceptional communication skills – must have command presence.
• Strong, independent decision-making ability.
• Solid and demonstrable negotiating skills.
• Strong business acumen who “Thinks Big Picture”.