We are looking for a motivated Controls Engineer to join our Customer Services division and support the design, specification, and commisioning of our material handling systems for customers.
• Help the Engineering Support Office maintain a library of the PLC software within our Material Handling Systems
• Work with engineering to capture best practices from projects
• Assist project engineers in using and improving standards in projects from conception through client handover with a positive result contribution on technical performance, financial results and the organization
• Evaluate control systems from software design, system design, network design, commissioning and testing / validation to customer hand over
• Write detailed Design documents (i.e. Controls Architecture)
• Write clear documentation for standards implementation and training
• Write, debug, and test PLC code at customer sites
• Understand, interpret, and follow procedures, standards, and regulations
• Reporting updates and status to Controls Engineers, Controls Project Leader and Manager Engineering
• Maintain document control of PLC software
• Communicate and work closely with other groups within Vanderlande and the project team (i.e., mechanical engineering, project management, supply chain, sales/proposal department and installation)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Knowledge of electrical engineering theories and principles
• Electrical aptitude and knowledge of acceptable practices, techniques, and codes
• Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally up to 75%
• Strong team-oriented mentality and acceptance of responsibility for project completion
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
• Strong organization skills
• Proactive and hands on work ethic
• Self-motivated with proven ability in problem solving, especially in intense situations
• Ability to work in a team of software engineers
• Independently execute the job within the project team (not always routine)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position; 24/7 operation; 3 shifts; overtime and weekend work is common.
This position requires Min 75% travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Ear protection should be worn.
The Project Manager will encounter mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment. They move items, a job that can involve frequent bending and lifting. They spend most of their time on the airport floor, or shop. They also spend time writing reports and work orders.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.