Vanderlande Industries is a leading supplier of baggage handling systems and services both passenger boarding bridges and baggage handling systems worldwide. Vanderlande is responsible for the Service & Maintenance of the Baggage Handling System at the Buffalo/ Niagara International Airport.
We are currently seeking a Control Room Operator for the Buffalo/ Niagara International Airport.
Control Room Operators monitor the material handling system status, dispatching jams and other problems to technicians on shift. Conduct investigations and administrate work orders and reports.
· Exercise safe working practice at all times
· Maintain superior customer service relations at ALL times
· Monitor conveyor system status
· Dispatch technicians and unjammers as required on service calls (through radio)
· Determine/coordinate configuration changes to bypass off-service conveyor
· Report and track service calls and technical issues internally
· Generate and distribute work orders thru Maximo system, including closing completed work order
· Generate weekly and monthly reports as directed by site manager
· Perform inventory counts, as required by management
· Determines sequence and approach with little assistance
· Carries out a variety of control room activities including but not limited to; assisting with remote access of
· and repairs to servers and work stations
· Communicates regularly with customers and technicians over the phone and radio
· Performs housekeeping duties as directed by management team
· Be a team player and perform duties such as unjamming if necessary during an emergency due to BHS breakdown
Required Education and Experience:
Must be able to attain and sustain an Airport I.D. Badge
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full time position-35.5 hours per week; 24/7 operation; 2 rotating shifts (3:00am-2:00pm day/1:45pm-12:15am night); overtime and weekend work is common.
This position requires no travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Control Room Operators/Dispatchers typically work in the control room, or route centers. Their work can be stressful because total concentration is required at all times. Night, weekend, and rotating shifts are common. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job for investigations and watching system status include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This job is for the most part sedentary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear through a handheld radio and telephone. The employee is frequently exposed the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.