The project planning and scheduling intern will be involved in supporting a diverse group of project managers and engineers in the development and maintenance of project schedules. The projects will be in the baggage handling, warehouse, and parcel industry.
During the internship, the project planning intern will be exposed to all facets of the project planning cycle starting from the sales phase to the execution phase including but not limited to:
· Defining requirements for project managers, resource managers, and accounting
· Developing reports for project resource management
· Working with engineers in defining a standard process for engineering submittals (Flow process chart)
· Creating a shipment tracking tool
· Estimating engineering durations based on historical data from past projects.
· Creating a tool to estimate planning hours based on value and type of the projects
Knowledge, skills, Abilities: