Vanderlande Industries is a leading supplier of baggage handling systems and services baggage handling systems worldwide. Vanderlande is responsible for the Service & Maintenance of the Baggage Handling System at the Portland International Jetport.
The Maintenance Technicians are the main responder to emergency situations. They carry out preventive and corrective maintenance at the mechanical and electrical level of the material handling system. This will be done during the dwell periods in between the flights and in the other non-operational hours.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspect diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical systems
• Communicate with various parties on the work performed and present status of specialty systems.
• Interpret engineering drawings in reference to layout, location, and operation of the system(s).
• Schedule maintenance tasks to ensure job completion.
• Reporting through CMMS
• React to messages from the Control Room or manager
• Preventive Maintenance – Inspection, adjustment, cleaning, replacement
• Attending to call outs, faults, alarms and warnings, Supervising staff, scheduling, training
• Attending to stoppages and bag jams
• Minimum technical experience in an industrial environment
• Flexible work schedule for 24/7 operations
• Must have valid drivers license
• Minimum 1 year CMMS experience
• Minimum 2 years of material handling experience
• Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and controls (PLC, PC) systems
• Self Starter and pro-active
• Detail oriented and able to work in a stressful environment.
• Computer literate
• Customer focused
• Innovative and self assured
• Decision making ability
*This position operates in the secured area of the airport and requires a security badge. Applicants are required to pass a background check, as provided by applicable state and federal law.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
Technicians work in the secured baggage handling areas, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.
Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. They will be lifting parts and tools for extended periods of time and handling equipment such as conveyor systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.