The Manual Encode Operators are responsible for assisting the Maintenance team with system housekeeping and clearing baggage jams within the baggage handling system including responding to faults, resetting security routing failures, other minor faults of the baggage handling system and operate the system manual encode stations.
• Minimum 1 year working experience in an industrial environment
• Valid Drivers License
• Minimum 1 year working experience in an material handling (baggage handling, material, warehouse, distribution center, etc) environment
• Technically inclined, with potential to learn and grow into maintaining material handling systems
• Basic Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
• General knowledge of conveyor systems.
• Ability to be flexible and shift priorities quickly based on staff and system needs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic and takes initiative
• Customer and service oriented
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: Unjammers and Manual Encoders work in hangars, in repair stations, or on airfields. They often must meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules. Workers frequently bend, stoop, and reach from ladders and scaffolds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working with and exposed to the baggage handling system, mechanical parts and vibration. The environment can also be loud because of aircraft engines and equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*This position operates in the secured area of the airport and requires a security badge. Applicants are required to pass a background check, as provided by applicable state and federal law.