The Director of Operations ensures that the Company’s portfolio of service projects is executed in a manner which enhances the Company’s reputation as the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier for warehouses. Vanderlande’s Services portfolio includes operations, maintenance, process optimization, upgrades and modifications throughout the logistic process automation life cycle.
This position ensures that the growth and development of the Operations department are aligned with the long-term strategic goals of the Services division. The Director also enhances organizational development by showing leadership, demonstrating Company Values, and ensuring quality and professionalism. The incumbent will report to the V.P. of Services.
• Responsible for the overall operational and financial performance of the North American Service Sites.
• Work with the VP of Services and Director of Sales in developing and implementing strategic direction of the service organization.
• Work with Sales to generate new and organic business opportunities, while building and maintaining relationships with key internal and external customers.
• Develop practices and procedures to ensure that sites meet KPIs and operate safely.
• Promote teamwork between Sales and Operations.
• Provide leadership, directions, and problem resolution to service organization.
• Develop Operations organizations to be prepared for growth and expansion in to new technologies.
• Identify and implement improvements in Operations can enhance quality, performance, organizational efficiency, or reduce costs or risks.
• Ensure coordination of resources necessary to implement services successfully, including availability of highly skilled and motivated project and site managers, equipment, safety resources, and training.
• Promote and develop strong site management and leadership skills within Operations team, including effective management of budgets, contracts, and personnel management.
• Promote Accident Free workplace principles, ensure compliance with all VI Safety programs and requirements, and show leadership in promoting Safety.
• Accountable for P&L of contract portfolio and impact on overall Company EBIT, including business support utilization. Coordinate financial reporting and accountability for service projects. Ensure responsible financial management by regional managers.
• Promote the One Company approach and efficient coordination among Operations, Sales, Finance, HR, Safety, and other departments.
• Provide leadership in maintaining strong customer relationships and in resolving issues and disputes.
• Serve as a proactive leader and problem solver, coaching and mentoring all direct reports. Promote employee development and retention.
• Active participation in Leadership Team to promote welfare of VI North America and One Company principles.
• Maintain communication with colleagues in other Customer Centers to exchange best practices and to contribute to the overall improvement of VI Operations and our customer’s operation and maintenance needs.
• BS Degree in Engineering or technical training in Maintenance Management
• Minimum 10 years of experience with Maintenance Management in the industrial/facilities industry.
• Experience managing multiple sites and site managers.
• Experience overseeing financials/budgets.
• Must be willing and able to travel 50%
• Masters in Engineering or Business.
• Exposure to European and American cultures is a plus.
• Strong leadership, coaching, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Financial and analytical skills applied to pricing and project execution.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Competent customer-oriented professional who can multi-task and oversee multiple geographic locations.
• Ability to anticipate customer and team needs and act accordingly.
• Proactive, motivated, and professional.
• Willing to work long hours in a challenging environment.
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced, technical, entrepreneurial, and international work environment.