Vanderlande Industries is a $1B leading global supplier of turnkey material handling systems for airport baggage handling and the distribution, parcel and postal markets. We are an Original Equipment Manufacturer and System Integrator of all our material handling solutions. Vanderlande offers engineering, design, installation and operations as well as maintenance services.
Vanderlande Industries brings more than 60 years of experience and know-how to the industry and ranks as the 5th largest material handling supplier in the world. Our North America headquarters is located in Atlanta, GA and serves the US, Canada and Mexico.
• Execute projects from conception through client handover with a positive result contribution on technical performance, financial results and the organization.
• Execute the system design from mechanical, hardware, system and network design,integration of different components, system commissioning and testing through to final handover to the customer
• Responsible for the system functionality and the technical quality of the material handling system.
• Develop engineering project plans and schedule of the engineering project team and responsible for the progress.
• Coordinate activities of engineering project team in close cooperation with the Project Manager, including subcontractors when part of the engineering team.
• Work closely with clients and subcontractors and with other Project Leaders (for example for loop sorters or HLC SW).
• Document functional system specifications, interface specifications and (high level) test plans (FAT, SAT, CAT), including validation.
• Responsible for all information during the project, including complete project archiving.
• Manage requirements, integration, configuration, and software changes throughout the projects.
• Create and/or oversee user manuals, documentation, training, and project evaluations.
• Report project progress and status to the Project Manager and Engineering Manager (Project Status Report including risks and opportunities).
• Monitor and control project budget.
• Understand, interpret, and follow procedures, standards, and regulations.
• Execute the health and safety analysis and be responsible for the safety coordination during the engineering phase.
• Work on quotation bids with the systems and sales department on new projects and/or on project changes.
• Communicate and work closely with other groups within Vanderlande and the project team (i.e., mechanical engineering, project management, supply chain, sales/proposal department and installation).
• Identify, initiate, and implement improvement activities.
• Drive, support, promote, and improve (software) standardization platforms.
• Advise the Engineering Manager of needed improvements for project execution and proposing technical solutions for complex and multidisciplinary problems.
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of experience in implementing and managing highly complex and large scale systems
• Project management experience
• Experience with integration and configuration management
• Willing and able to travel up to 25%
• Experience utilizing MS project, Primavera, or other scheduling software
• Knowledge of engineering theories and principles
• Technical knowledge/background in material handling processes
• In depth knowledge of test approaches (V model and software testing)
• Proactive and hands on work ethic
• Self-motivated with proven ability in problem solving, especially in intense situations
• Pragmatic and capable to balance quality, lead time, costs, and technology
• Ability to lead a specialized team responsible for complex project(s)
• Motivator and trainer for coworkers