· Timely review and processing on all relevant employee data such as hours, earnings, audit taxes, deductions, and memos on a periodic basis. Applies to USA and Canada payroll (possible future in Mexico).
· Knowledge of all expat agreements and calculations and taxable fringe benefits. Knowledge of the tax rules applicable between countries.
· Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulatory reporting requirements and guidelines. Ensure reports are accurate and disbursed in timely manner.
· Outgoing, confident personality to field questions from PW employees as well as non- PW employees regarding calculation of their payroll checks.
· Work with others in the Finance and HR departments, as appropriate, to have an understanding of employee bonuses, wage attachments (garnishments, bankruptcy orders, tax levies and child support orders) and deductions impacting a pay check.
· Review and sign off on all required payroll and state tax reconciliations on a timely basis.
· Audit 401K for weekly and bi-weekly payrolls, RRSP Canada, FSA, HSA, and other benefits which calculate and integrate with other systems. Check calculations by Workday/ADP to verify accuracy. Check whether funds are deposited into employee accounts timely and improve process when needed.
· Hands on managerial skills, including journal entry and reconciling general ledger accounts
· Process Prevailing Wage Payroll (Service Contracts/CBA) in applicable states; submit Certified Payroll where required in a timely fashion; maintain log of Training Hours (if applicable).
· Proactive and ensure that VI is compliant with all Prevailing Wage and Union wage provisions based on input from Site Managers / Service Operations. This also includes jointly making sure the sites are staying current on PW rate increases, holidays, notices, and implementing / processing these items.
· Ensure training funds and union dues reports are submitted.
· Keep up-to-date with minimum wage regulations, prevailing wage determination letters, and affordable healthcare act guidelines
· Have knowledge of employees’ vacation such as how much time is allowed and how much has been taken. Ensure that time is correctly reported on employees’ pay slips.
· Own and improve the payroll process regarding time clocks, their connectivity and configuration, ordering if necessary, and being a resource as a subject matter expert.
· Have desire to continue learning such as with the American Payroll Association, obtain FPC or CPP certifications, or other reliable resources.
· Be a team player, with a positive attitude willing to take ownership of activities outside the own job responsibility when necessary.
· Serve as backup for Payroll Specialists/Administrators and the Payroll Manager.
· Participation in ad hoc projects and audits, including projects not directly related to payroll and reports when necessary.
Potential candidates are required to have a valid passport