The Executive Director of Operations is responsible for the successful delivery of the Productivity Solutions portfolio of technology. The Director must have a proven track record with demonstrable positive results in technology deployment and implementation. This position will provide the necessary management oversite to ensure that the Company’s portfolio of solutions are executed in a manner which enhances the Company’s reputation as the global leader for value-added logistic process automation and security technology in the markets the company serves.
This position ensures that the growth and development of the Operations department are aligned with the long-term strategic goals of the Productivity Solutions division. The Director also enhances organizational development by showing leadership, demonstrating Company Values, and ensuring quality and professionalism. Reports to V.P. Productivity Solutions.
· Responsible for the overall operational, technical and financial performance of the Productivity Solutions technology deployments.
· Work with the VP of Productivity Solutions in developing and implementing strategic direction of the organization.
· Leads project teams through sales, planning (systems engineering), execution, and handover/support phases
· Work with Sales to generate new and organic business opportunities, while building and maintaining relationships with key internal and external customers.
· Develop practices and procedures to ensure that solutions meet KPIs and operate safely.
· Promote teamwork between Sales and Operations.
· Provide leadership, direction, and problem resolution to productivity solution and service organizations.
· Develop Operations organizations to be prepared for growth and expansion in to new technologies.
· Coordinates with external stakeholders from middle management to C-Level stakeholders to deliver program requirements while protecting Vanderlande interests.
· Coordinates with Government and Authority Having Jurisdiction; as well as city, state, and federal governments to fully comply with the law.
· Build and manage a core ASL Service and Delivery team for Vanderlande North America to handle:
o Capture, analysis and warehousing of fielded product data
o Site surveys
o Equipment installation, commissioning, integration and TSA site acceptance testing
o Onsite support and use/operator training
o Service and support (Preventative and Corrective Maintenance) IAW TSA criteria
· Align the team structure to manage Vanderlande’s rapid ASL expansion.
o Build a training structure that accomplishes the following:
§ Effective curriculum that empowers remote connectivity and fast local response to solve issues
§ Protects IP appropriately
§ Provides value (either via revenue and/or margin impact) to organization
o As footprint grows, development of a ‘training center’ to invite customers for in-house training
· Show aptitude, willingness and relevant experience reaching into an existing organization leveraging existing resources to build/develop and maintain:
o Facility drawings
o Training content
o Field data warehousing
· Support business development on new opportunities and proposals
· Work with Product Management to gather valuable customer feedback
o Create a process for collecting data from customers
o Make recommendations for ASL (Scannojet & eVelocity) improvements