The Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for the implementation of operational excellence in all levels and processes within Physical Distribution and Manufacturing. Is responsible for establishing a culture and focus on "continuous improvement" within the One Roof facility.
· Owns the Process Map 2.0 Level 4 activities for Physical Distribution and Manufacturing in the One Roof facility
· Directs and facilitates the ongoing lean improvement process using techniques such as Kaizen, 5’S, TPM, Kanban, Policy Deployment, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
· Reviews, identifies, and creates standard work for business processes related to the use of JD Edwards Enterprise 1 and trains employees
· Reviews, identifies, and creates standard work for manufacturing and physical distribution processes and trains employees
· Works closely with upstream stakeholders to identify and solve root cause issues that affect the physical distribution or manufacturing groups of One Roof
· Establish metrics to monitor financial savings as compared to established goals and targets
· Lead the implementation of a reverse logistics organization
· Other tasks as assigned
· Execute tasks as assigned or required
· Keeping work environment clean, organized and safe
· Following all safety procedures and regulations
Required Education and Experience:
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, may require Holiday and after hours work.
This position does not require travel.
Directly manage Quality employees and indirectly manager Logistics and Manufacturing employees.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Lifts 50 pounds frequently, and up To 75 occasionally.
Carries 45 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
(Example: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.