Vanderlande Industries is a leading supplier of baggage handling systems and services baggage handling systems worldwide. Vanderlande is responsible for the Service & Maintenance of the Baggage Handling System at San Francisco International Airport.
The Junior Maintenance Technician will be the support responder for preventive and corrective maintenance on the baggage handling system
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Inspect diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical systems
• Communicate with various parties on the work performed and present status of specialty systems.
• Interpret engineering drawings in reference to layout, location, and operation of the system(s).
• Schedule maintenance tasks to ensure job completion.
• Reporting through CMMS
• React to messages from the Control Room or manager
• Preventive Maintenance – Inspection, adjustment, cleaning, replacement
• Tub running
• Attending to call outs, faults, alarms and warnings, Supervising staff, scheduling, training
• Attending to stoppages and bag jams
• Minimum technical experience in an industrial environment
• Flexible work schedule for 24/7 operations
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• Minimum 1 year CMMS experience
• Minimum 2 years of material handling experience
• Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and controls (PLC, PC) systems
• Self Starter and pro-active
• Detail oriented and able to work in a stressful environment.
• Computer literate
• Customer focused
• Innovative and self assured
• Decision making ability
This position operates in the secured area of the airport and requires a security badge. Applicants are required to pass a background check, as provided by applicable state and federal law.