The Physical Distribution Employee is responsible for receiving, journal entry, packaging, control, identification, storage, moving, collecting and loading / unloading of all goods in the department Physical Distribution. She/he does this either independently or in a team The Physical Distribution Employee works in a dynamic environment where she/he handles the goods quickly, accurately and safely so it is sent undamaged, complete and timely to the customer or site.
· Execute tasks as requested or required
· Follow defined processes for inbound, picking, outbound and reverse logistics orders
· Check and identify goods, such as the offered collie on damage and numbers
· Finds viable solutions for problems or defeats; acts as an consultant with the team leader
· Take journey entries for packaging and storage of goods
· Loading & unloading goods
· Operating sit-down and/or stand-up forklift
· Work safely independently or within a team environment as needed
· Cycle counts and other inventory related functions
· Following all safety procedures, regulations and keeping environment clean, organized, safe
· Process administrative tasks in JD Edwards
· Identify and move materials to designated staging areas prior to assembly
· Take direction from Assembly Supervisor during this process
· Align picked purchased parts with manufactured parts for assembly team
· Float between the Warehouse side and Manufacturing during non-peak hours
· Must be able to read drawings of built material
Required Education and Experience:
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, may require Holiday and OT work.
This position does not require travel.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment/physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Lifts 50 pounds frequently, and up To 75 occasionally.
Carries 45 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
(Example: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.